Friday, March 2, 2018

VIDEO TUTORIAL USING YEE HAW HARRIET BY CHARLOTTE

It’s release day at Sasayaki Glitter Digi Stamps, and there’s several fun new images to play with. I have made a video featuring one of the new images – Yee Haw Harriet. As soon as I saw the image I knew I wanted to make a card with her!

I began by printing the image onto some alcohol marker friendly paper, then coloured her in using Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Yosoo alcohol markers. You can find full details on the colouring techniques and the colours used in the video.
Once I’d completed the image I moved on to creating and assembling the rest of the card. The patterned paper was my inspiration for the card, and I really wanted to make the most of it. I decided I would use it as my whole base panel. I trimmed a segment out of the middle, and used a small Sizzix Hexagon die to cut two more panels from the main panel. I then took some snippets of white card stock and coloured them with the same green markers I’d used on my image to create mats for each of my cut away segments as well as for my image panel.
I decided to use a kraft card base for this card, and covered it with double-sided tape. I then carefully laid in each of the parts of my panel, ensuring that each was facing the right direction as I went so that the pattern would be continuous. I finally attached my image panel, using my T-square ruler to ensure that I placed it in straight.
This card turned out pretty well and I did enjoy colouring up the sweet image. I definitely need more practice colouring plaits though as I struggled with them a bit! I’m also not entirely sure I’m happy with the background. I did want to use the patterned paper, but I’m not certain if I made the best use of it. The green matting looks good behind the focal image but I’m not sure it works as well behind the patterned paper. Possibly I didn’t colour it as well as I could have! Overall I’m please with it though, even if I feel there is room for improvement.
Love,